25 while i’m 25
1. Learn to run; even if I don’t enjoy it, at least I want to be able to run a decent distance before feeling like I want to
Take a cooking/baking class; I’m already a pretty good baker, but cooking is a totally different story…I want to build confidence with cooking food and what better way to do that then taking a class? Friends, want to join?
Splurge on fancy footwear; though I may be crossing this one off for mine and Chris’ wedding in Sept., it still counts!
Read more; I wanted to put a “#” of books I want to read over the next year, but I feel like putting a number down will “force” me to read…and nobody likes to be forced into anything; I just want to read more often, simple as that.
Get a new tattoo; yes, it’s true…I have 3…but the one on my back needs to be covered up (and yeah I was that 18 yr. old that got her first tattoo and now regrets the way it looks – you told me so Mom). (see the story here)
6. Take a road-trip; C and I have been talking about doing this for quite some time and even though it may not be our idyllic “road-trip across the country”, we’ll be making the effort to take a road-trip SOMEWHERE, even if it’s in the same state (since we all know how ridiculously priced gas is now-a-days).
7. Make yoga a part of my weekly routine; I LOVE yoga. I love the way it makes your body, mind, and soul feel, but I haven’t yet been able to fully incorporate it into my life as an exercise/meditation routine.
8. Plant a small garden; whether it be of flowers or even some veggies, I want to grow a small garden this year.
Make home-made ice-cream; there is nothing as delicious as your very own home-made ice cream…I hope this is a new summer tradition!
Buy myself a Polaroid SX-70 Land Camera; this is one of my most favorite vintage cameras and I NEED one in my life and have wanted one for quite some time now.
Learn Photoshop CS5 ; I’ve been using CS3 for so long now, but my mom recently purchased CS5 for me…now I just need to learn how to use it. I bought the gigantic book to teach myself, I guess I need to make time to read it.
12. Teach myself to knit; my best friend Chrissy’s grandmother (who recently passed away) used to knit these amazing slippers for her and she chose to share them with all of her closest friends (meaning, me too!). I LOVE her slippers (and own approx. 7 pairs of them), but I’d really love to teach myself how to knit my own pair.
See a play, musical, or ballet ; I love the theater. A lot of people probably don’t know this about me, but I used to be heavily into acting. Now I’m just itching to get back into the theater and see a show. Plus, I’ve been dying to see “The Nutcracker” my entire life…so what better time than this year?
14. Learn French; C and I will be spending a week in France and a week or so in Italy for our honeymoon this fall, so I want to travel to France with at least the basics of French understood; more would be nice, though.
Volunteer my time; my brother’s vision for combining volunteering with the arts is truly inspiring. In my endeavor to be a part of his vision, I want to volunteer my time more.
Learn how to make sushi; if I could eat sushi everyday for the rest of my life, I would. Instead of going out and spending money, I’d like to learn how to make it for myself and C to eat at home!
17. Throw a dinner party; who doesn’t love a good dinner party complete with a theme and everything?
Send Thank-You cards; people don’t send thank-you cards anymore…what’s up with that? I’ve been to weddings, baby showers, and birthdays, and still…no thank-you cards. People need to relearn their manners – because honestly, it’s just rude and makes me feel like you don’t even appreciate the gift(s).
W atch the sunrise; I feel that in all my time witnessing the sunset, I haven’t paid nearly enough attention to the sunrise. I want to witness the beauty of what the beginning of each day is and marvel at the sun making its grand entrance to the day.
Go to Jamaica; this one is kind of a gimme, but I’m putting it on here anyways. C and I recently won a 4-night, all-inclusive honeymoon at a Couple’s Resort in Jamaica from theknot.com. We have until next July 2012 to go!
21. Take the ferry to SF for a Giants game; out of all of the amazing baseball games I’ve been to at AT&T Park, I’ve never ridden the ferry to see the game (or ridden the ferry at all for that matter!)
22. Re-read The Great Gatsby & To Kill A Mockingbird; in high school I was “forced” to read these books for English, but now I want to re-read them for myself and absorb the entirety of these classics.
Walk the Golden Gate Bridge ; I haven’t walked the bridge since I was in 6th grade and I feel as a born-and-raised Bay Area girl, I should partake in this activity more. Now I want to share the experience with C, who has never walked the bridge.
24. Take more baths; this may seem totally odd to have on this list, but I used to be an avid bath taker. I believe in its ability to soothe and nourish your nerves and calm the mind. Everyone needs a bit of me time every now and then.
Believe in myself; I need to believe in myself and my work. Confidence is something I struggle with, but in this 25th year of my life, I’d like to build my self-confidence about my life and the life I’m building with C.